Residential geothermal heating and cooling systems are sound investments that any Traverse City homeowner should contemplate installing. The lengthy amount of advantages, the many ways it reduces energy use, and how you can save cash combine into the perfect blend of being fiscal savings and reduced dependency on fossil fuels. Still looking for more information on the installation of a cost-saving geothermal heat pump, or ground source heat pump as they are called by engineers? Then here are more details Traverse City, MI homeowners can expect from their residential geothermal system.
Residential Geothermal Benefits
- Size – Since a geothermal heating and cooling heat pump is roughly the same size as a conventional forced-air furnace, retrofitting an existing fossil fuel unit is, most times, a simple matter. Your installer will determine your retrofitting options.
- Noise – What noise? There is no outdoor fan like you'd find in an air conditioner or air-source heat pump. Our geothermal systems use quiet variable speed blower motors that run only at the speed needed. They deliver just the right amount of air rather than roaring to life, so you'll hardly even know it's there.
- No open flame – Have the peace of mind that fuel is being burned, and that means no pilot light woes.
- "Free" hot water – As your residential geothermal heat pump removes excess heat from your Traverse City residence, it can be used to warm the water for your bathing and washing needs.
Residential Geothermal Savings
- Energy efficiency – Traditional heating systems max out at 98% efficiency, but a residential geothermal system can deliver efficiencies of up to 500%! This is possible because for each unit of electrical energy used to heat your Traverse City home; 5 units of heat are extracted from the earth; resulting in savings of up to 70%.
- Positive Cash Flow – Usually, the operating expenses for your new residential geothermal system will be surpassed by the savings you will see on your energy bill.
- Federal Tax Credit – See a return on your geothermal heat pump investment at tax time of 30% of the installation cost.
- Low Maintenance Cost – Thanks to fewer moving parts, the absence of combustion, and an installation indoors away from the abuse of the elements and contaminates, geothermal units require virtually no maintenance.
Residential Geothermal Environmental Impact
- Green House Emissions – No gas emissions due to extracting heat from the constant heat just below the surface of the earth. Your carbon-footprint is remarkably reduced.
- Reduced dependence – Accessing this renewable energy source reduces your home's need for fossil-fuels like natural gas for and propane.
Geofurnace Heating and Cooling installs the most efficient residential ground source heat pump on the market. WaterFurnace heat pumps are industry-leading in design and deliver comfortable heating and cooling to Traverse City citizens.
Need more information? Learn more from the experts, contact us today about all the questions you may have about residential geothermal heating and cooling systems.